Foreign Language Literature
Collection and resources:
- over 25,000 printed editions, CDs and DVDs in about 100 languages;
- educational, methodological and reference literature, books and serial editions in linguistics, economics, history, ethnography, law, medicine, and arts.
- world fiction in foreign languages, including books by authors from Finno-Ugric regions of Russia;
- periodicals in foreign languages, including National Geographic, Reader’s Digest, Cosmopolitan, English Today, The Economist, Speak Out, GEO, Deutsch Kreativ, Vitamin de, Paris Match, Fran Cité, English, Deutsch, Le Français (Pervoye Sentyabrya publishing), Foreign Languages at School, FInno-Ugric World and some others;
- foreign language training materials, films and music on CDs and DVDs;
- Goethe Institut German Collection
- Péter Domokos collection of Finno-Ugric studies and literature
- rare books in foreign languages, including Uralic languages, and books by Komi authors and about the Republic of Komi published abroad.
What you can do:
- study in the reading room or borrow required materials for off-site use;
- get assistance in search of materials and compiling a reference list in English, German and French;
- request to make a reference list on a given topic (up to 10 titles);
- order to prepare books in advance for you to collect them later;
- take part in educational, extra-curricula activities individually or as a group;
- join our language clubs;
- watch films in foreign languages;
- work on your PC using free Wi-Fi;
- get access to open online resources of other countries.
- assistance in locating required information in English, German and French;
- e-copies of books and articles in foreign languages (in compliance with copyright laws);
- printing of search results or saving them electronically;
- scanning of texts and images.